OCD And Sad News
Hello everyone and welcome,
Today I am posting another video about Tyler Falcoa’s struggle with mental illness. It was made by Mitch Francis and do check out his YouTube Channel for more amazing videos.
I’ve read this online which is very interesting, “There are numerous obsessions and compulsions that people with OCD experience and here they are defined:
1. Contamination (fear of dirt, germs, viruses, chemicals etc…)
2. Fear of harm (doors not being locked, cooker left on)
3. Extreme concern for symmetry and order
4. Obsessions with the physical body and symptoms
5. Religious, sacrilegious or blasphemous thoughts
6. Sexual obsessions (e.g. homosexuality or paedophilia)
7. Thoughts of violence and aggression (e.g. stabbing your own child)
1. Checking (taps, gas, cooker etc…)
2. Cleaning, washing, showering
3. Repetitive acts
4. Mental compulsions (saying special words to cancel out thoughts, saying prayers, repeated in set manners)
5. Ordering, symmetry, exactness
Let’s stop the stigma against individuals with mental illness. Be proud of who you are and let’s all work towards a change in attitude towards mental health. So go ahead and talk to family members and friends about it because that one conversation could probably save someone’s life.
Please use The Chat Box for any questions you may have or comments, which are important. Do voice your opinions.